The term "personal data" contains the meaning explained by the Ordinance.
Purpose of collection and use of personal data
Personal data collected by Lacasa from you may be used for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- identify you and any accounts you open with us
- enable to provide the Services to you
- verify the identity of your account
- process applications and update partner products and services on your behalf
- process payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you for the provision of the Services
- enable us to store your personal data so you do not need to re-enter it each time you purchase a product
- process orders, issue bills and fulfill orders
- direct marketing of our services (see the "Direct Marketing " section for details).
- direct marketing of the products and services of our business partners (see the "Direct Marketing " section for details).
- conduct market research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- conduct customer data analysis and analyze your shopping preferences
- enable you to participate in the interactive features of the services we offer you, including identifying your friends and communicating with them and sharing your shopping experience
- provide recommendations to you about our services or the goods or services you may interest in
- design our website and content to suit your specific preferences
- provide you with customer service
- handle your complaints and account inquiries, claim and/or proceedings against the Company or any party
- fraud prevention and detection
- audit purposes
- disclosure according to applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the original purpose for which personal data was collected
Type of personal data collected
Personal data collected by Lacasa may include, but is not limited to:
- Your personal information and contact details, such as name, gender, date of birth, identify card number, telephone number, email address, residential address, mailing address and billing address;
- Your business information, such as the name and title of the company;
- Your account details, such as the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of credit card account number or user account;
- Your family income range and personal interest; and
- Your computer or mobile device IP address, real-time location data, browser settings, browsing history, and/or other Internet recorded data
Confidentiality, disclosure and security of personal data
Lacasa will not trade your personal information and contact details for benefit unless obtained your written consent. but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organizations;
Company's contact companies, partners, sellers or contractors, agents or other service providers involved in the sale and marketing or administration of services, or the provision of goods and services;
Any other person who has a duty of confidentiality to the Company, including members of the Corporate Group, IT consultants, data processing contractors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers who have undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuers, or collection services companies.
Any questions, opinions, suggestions or information transmitted by you or posted on our website or in any part of our website, except personal data, shall be deemed to be provided voluntarily to the Company in the form of non-confidential and non-proprietary information. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Transfer personal data outside Hong Kong
If operationally necessary, the Company will transfer personal data outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for the purpose of collecting such information or directly related to it. Any transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
The preservation of personal data
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
Lacasa may use the personal data collected from you for the purpose of sending messages, offers, promotions and market quotes, for which the Company must obtain your consent. We will contact you via email, text/image/video messages or email. The Company holds your name, contact address, product and service portfolio information, trading patterns and behaviors, browsing history, program viewing habits, personal interests, which the Company may use to directly promote our services, as well as the products and services of our business partners, or Lacasa Merchants' products or service categories.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us and our partners, you can update your preferences at any time via your registered account or the unsubscribe link we provide. Upon receipt of your notification, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
A Cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer (or other electronic device) when you enter our web pages. We use the Cookie file on this page to:
- identify you whenever you browse this website
- get information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online activities and use of Internet
- keep track of items stored in your shopping basket to help you through the checkout process
- conduct research and statistical analysis to help improve our services and better understand the requirements and interests of visitors and customers
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalized to your interests
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- make tighter security
If you do not allow the use of cookie files, you can do so on your own Internet browsers and electronic devices. If you disable the Cookie profile, you may not be able to use certain features of our web pages.
Data access and correction
E-mail: email@example.com (please indicate the word "confidential" in the e-mail).
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
In any case, if there is any conflict or insodelity between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail.
Last Updated: February 2021